NeoProgBlog, The Neoprogressive Magazine online

'Work as if you lived in the early days of a better nation.' Alasdair Gray

Welcome to The NeoProgressive, where people of all political persuasions can debate vigorously within a framework of basic American values and mutual respect -- NeoProgressivism.

VISITORS: PLEASE COMMENT! I want to stimulate discussion, not be a voice in the wilderness.

(NeoProgBlog, The Neoprogressive, The Neoprogressive Magazine, and original material © 2005, 2006.)

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Samuel Alito and the Abortion Debate

The nomination of Samuel Alito involves much, much more than the binary abortion issue. In particular, I'm concerned about his views on executive power, which is a proxy for government power in general; I don't think someone who believes in a "unitary" or imperial presidency, as he has written he does, can truly be considered "conservative" or can honestly honor the Constitution, as Justices swear to do.

But abortion is one large issue. I'll have more to say about the entire scope of issues raised by the Alito nomination, but while his hearings are on-air on C-Span, I'll settle for linking to my prior discussion of the abortion issue from last November. It's a long read, but hopefully an interesting and educational one.

2 Comments:

Blogger phinky said...

Where's the site counter?

1/10/2006 5:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Little tiny colorful box at the very very bottom of the home page. I don't know whether it'll show you numbers, or just me.

1/10/2006 5:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home